Future Broadcasts

Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

I don't intend to stick with a rigid schedule, but if you want to try and catch my stream, it will usually be on Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday mornings, typically between 6:00 and 10:00 KI time in the cavern.

If I do have any specific broadcasts planned, this will be one of the places I'll announce them.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

I'm going to do a two-part dive into Skinny Puppy and Download on Sunday, January 30 and Tuesday, February 1. Each broadcast will begin at 7:00 KI time and last about 2.5 hours.

I only started listening to Skinny Puppy in 1996 when they released The Process, a year after the band had already broken up. I wasn't able to get into their previous albums because the style and sound was quite different from The Process. I learned cEvin Key had a side-project called Download, and it was a satisfying continuation of Puppy-like sound, while drifting more towards electronica. Skinny Puppy got back together in 2003 and I've enjoyed most of what they've released since then.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

As part of this year's International Women's Day celebrations in the cavern, I will be hosting a radio stream to be broadcast from Mir-o-Bot's Eder Gira on March 7. There will be a 40 minute preshow of assorted tracks. Once the sun sets, the main show will begin, and will go non-stop until the sun rises again!

Code: Select all

Preshow  Main Show
-------------------------
Europe  20:30     21:10
    UK  19:30     20:10
    ET  14:30     15:10
    CT  13:30     14:10
 KI/MT  12:30     13:10
    PT  11:30     12:10
-------------------------
* A silent stream will go active before the preshow to let you connect early
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

I have a few shows planned.

Starting with a two-part playlist on Thursday, April 21 and Sunday, April 24. Each broadcast will begin at 7:00 KI time and last about 3 hours. Thursday will be psy-trance oriented, and Sunday will lean a little more towards progressive house and skirt the edges of techno.

I had mentioned that a Sasha & Digweed mix was one of two albums that introduced me to trance. On Sunday, May 1 at 8:30 KI time I will broadcast the other one. Just the tiniest and vaguest of hints: it will be on the day of the 24 year anniversary of its performance/recording.

And finally, a two-part dive into KMFDM, specifically when they were signed to Wax Trax! in the 90s and late 80s. This will be Tuesday, May 10 and Thursday, May 12 at 7:30 KI time, each broadcast lasting about 2¼ hours. Get ready for inane, recycled, and self-referential lyrics. Prepare yourself for the ultra heavy beat. And remember, KMFDM SUCKS!
Last edited by Aurelias on Thu May 19, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

This Sunday, May 22, I'll be playing Aerosmith starting at 7:00 KI time and lasting about 2¾ hours. It will span from the 70s to mid-90s and will focus mainly on their lesser known songs.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

For two weeks, I'll be having a Front Line Assembly marathon. Each broadcast will be a 30-year journey in 3 hours, from Tactical Neural Implant to Mechanical Soul, starting at 7:00 KI.
Sunday June 12
Tuesday June 14
Thursday June 16
Sunday June 19
Tuesday June 21
Thursday June 23
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

This Sunday, June 26, I'll be playing some ambient Aphex Twin starting at 7:00 KI time and lasting 3 hours.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

Starting today, I am going to try and stream music daily for all of July and August. Each day the stream will start between 6:00 and 8:00 KI and will play until about 10:00 KI.

Tuesdays and Thursdays will be trance, but the rest of the week will be an audio smorgasbord, from 80s hair metal one minute, to jazzy Christmas carols the next, to 90s hip hop, and a whole lot in between.
Aurelias

Future Broadcasts

Post by Aurelias »

24-Hour Pellet Marathon

When I first joined Uru in January 2008, I spent some time catching up by reading the (now frozen) forums.

I was very inspired by Captainmack's non-stop 24-hour pellet run, and since then have always wanted to give it a go myself. (Almost 15 years later!)

Tomorrow at 7:45 KI I'll depart K'veer and start dropping pellets at 8:00 KI and (hopefully) not stop for 24 hours.

Note that during the marathon I won't be responding to private messages. I'm not ignoring you; I'll just be a little busy running back and forth :wink:

My internet upload speed is too slow to do a video live stream, but I will record it all and eventually post it to YouTube.

I will, however, be doing an audio broadcast of the music I'll be listening to.

Here's an approximate playlist of DJ mixes I'll be playing:

8:00 KI / Anabolic Frolic / 1997 - 2003
A Toronto DJ whose Hullabaloo raves I attended long ago

15:00 KI / Sandra Collins / 2000
Switching to trance for the rest of the marathon

16:15 KI / DJ AJG / 2002 - 2003
A DJ who often appeared on Digitally Imported way back in the day

18:20 KI / Sinergy / 2001
A friend of a friend of a friend made this mix for the drive to Burning Man 2001

19:25 KI / Various / 2010 - 2015
A few bangers to pad the playtime to 24 hours

20:10 KI / D:Fuse / 2000
Found this one based on an excellent recommendation

21:20 KI / Max Graham / 1998
Another play of one of the first trance mixes I ever heard

22:35 KI / Aurelias / 2022 / From Dusk To Dawn
A replay of my mix I played during International Women's Day earlier this year

2:50 KI / Aurelias / 2008 / vert
One of the first proper mixes I ever made

4:05 KI / Aurelias / 2010 / Nebula
A short mix I made that never got finished due to the DJ's equivalent of writer's block

4:30 KI / Aurelias / 2017 / Affinity
A mix I made based off of a playlist I created for a long car drive