Calendar of Events

Anything to do with this site.
Ezriilc
Site Admin

Calendar of Events

Post by Ezriilc »

We're planning to add a proper calendar for members to post their own events. It's high on my priority list, I promise.
Ezriilc
Site Admin

Re: Calendar of Events

Post by Ezriilc »

So, I've discovered that there is no proper calendar extension for PHPBB (our forum software).

That means, either I need to upgrade my own calendar software, which will take some time, or we use something outside of our own site. I prefer to have our own stuff that we have full control over, but...

We're looking into possibly using Google Calendar in the meantime, and I'm interested in everyone's input regarding that.
Ezriilc
Site Admin

Re: Calendar of Events

Post by Ezriilc »

We've determined that Google Calendar will not meet our requirements and so we're not doing that.

I'm actively working on my own calendar software to integrate it into the current community setup. I will re-publish it once it's ready. Then, the task will be to upgrade it so that each user can subscribe to each event to get notifications.

I hope to have this work done in the next few weeks, and I appreciate everyone's patience.
Ezriilc
Site Admin

The Calendar is Live!

Post by Ezriilc »

The Calendar is up and working! Or, at least it seems to be. I would love to get some feedback about it - if it does what you expect, etc..

Currently, all users registered in this forum have access to post and edit events, so give it a try!

We've decided to simply point folks to the excellent calendar on the Guild of Messengers site. Here!