Please feel free to write your own tutorial topic here about any of the tools and methods you like to use for your shows. All of the things I use are free ('cuz that's how I roll), but paid solutions are fine too. Please try to give careful, step-by-step instructions so that anyone can follow, even someone new to streaming.
Here are some topics that we'd like to see tutorials written for:
- Virtual Cable - A virtual device driver to connect your source (player) with your encoder - very useful.
- Windows' "App volume and device preferences" - a way to send any app's sound to any device - very useful.
- Winamp - A player with an excellent library database feature.
- AltaCast - An encoder with a standalone version and a plugin for Winamp.
- Caster.FM - A cloud stream server with a free option that serves up to 400 listeners.
- Rocket Broadcaster - An encoder.
- BUTT - (Broadcast Using This Tool) - An encoder.
- Virtual DJ - A source with excellent features for DJs.